IT IS A BIRTHDAY FOR AMERICA’S FIRST WINE SHOW TO FEATURE TASTINGS ON AIR. The nationally syndicated radio wine broadcast, Les’ Wines and Vines with Les Kincaid celebrated its fourth anniversary on Thursday, September 6, 2007. This is America's first wine show to have a live audience of about 65 guests that actually taste three wines on-air during the broadcast. The broadcast originates in an upscale restaurant and features a winery each week to pair food with each three wines as well. Kincaid strives to present his listeners and the live audience with stimulating, provocative information and great interviews or discussions with knowledgeable guests all within the wine industry whether they are vintners, winery owners, Sommeliers or Master Sommeliers or other representatives. Les' Wines & Vines premiere radio show broadcasts every Thursday evening on CRN Radio Network at www.crni.net and is available in over 24+ million households across America and around the world on the internet each Thursday from 7-8 PM Pacific Time. Kincaid’s website is www.leskincaid.com.
Courtesy of Debbie Hall, of Celebrity Chef Connection
HOW ABOUT VITAMINS THROUGH EATING? P-H-O-O-D-S and B-E-P-H-E-R-A-G-E-S, better known as packaged foods and beverages with a pharmaceutical benefit beyond nutrition is growing into a big niche market according to Packaged Facts. During the five year period from 2002 to 2006, the mass market for PHOODS grew by 30% and Packaged Facts estimates that growth will continue by 10% per year over the next two years and then maintain a 9% growth. PHOODS are perceived as an alternative delivery system for nutritional supplements instead of taking vitamins. The report is available at Packagedfacts.com and Packagedfacts.com.
IT’S TIME TO PARTY IN YOUR BLACK AND WHITE ATTIRE. The Palms Casino Resort will host the 21st Annual Black and White Ball to benefit Aid for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN). The event, which began as a backyard barbeque urging attendees to bring black and white label generic food for AFAN’s food bank, has grown to a lavish event with a pre-party at the Palm’s newest nightclub, Moon, the event held poolside and the after party continuing at the nightclub RAIN. There will be stations featuring many of Las Vegas’ finest restaurants as well as wine, beer, spirits, coffee and desserts. For more information or to purchase tickets, go to www.AFANLV.org.
BLESSINGS AND GOOD ITALIAN FOOD COMES TO LAS VEGAS. On Wednesday, September 12, in Las Vegas, Nevada, Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman will present the Key to the City to Anthony Palmisano, president and CEO of the Society of San Gennaro for his contributions to Las Vegas with the San Gennaro Feast, now in its 28th year. Pope Benedict XVI presented Palmisano with a special Apostolic Blessing. The 28th San Gennaro Feast begins in Las Vegas, Nevada on Tuesday, September 11 through Sunday, September 16. For information and directions, go to sangennarofeast.com.
Curtain up . . . light the lights . . . we’re ready to hit the heights!
CELEBRITY CHEF CONNECTION
New show, Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 5pm PT at
In this, our inaugural ezine, you’ll find --
1. The exciting details of our next show
2. A listing of upcoming guests (send in your questions & comments on our website)
3. How you can “come to the party”
4. Those legal necessities
5. How to contact us
1. Our next audio visual Internet broadcast will bring all this to the food party --
* Featured Chef of the Week Multi-star French chef Hubert Keller, who helms Fleur de Lys in San Francisco and at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas plus Burger Bar in Mandalay Place, talks about the phenomenal Burger Bar, expansion plans, his San Francisco restaurant, and a cooking tip that answers a listener’s question in this second half of our conversation.
* Charity Event We talk to the fine folks at the local branch of Lion’s International about the special fundraising banquet taking place this week in Las Vegas.
* Beer Wine Spirits Learn all about the dynamic new entity that brings a new dimension to wine tastings, Rock ‘n Roll Wine.
* Contests Notable contestants, judges and moderator come together this week for a supercharged cooking competition known as the “Las Vegas Chefs’ Challenge – Battle: Aloha Soy Sauce,” all taking place at Chinois at the Forum Shops at Caesars.
* Noshing Like A Native This week we journey to Z’Tejas, a long time local favorite for southwestern cuisine that moved a couple of years back from its Paradise Road location to a new place in Summerlin.
* “All the News That’s Fit To Eat” A roundup of diverse finds in the food realm.
* “Faves” Each week both co-hosts share a favorite dish, restaurant, ingredient, technique or such
2. Looking ahead – send us your questions and comments for these upcoming guests . . .
- Gustav Mauler, chef/owner of Speidini in the J. W. Marriott in Las Vegas, and also a frequent guest chef for major cruise lines
- Rick Moonen, New York transplant who now runs the rm seafood restaurants, casual downstairs and elegant upstairs, in Mandalay Place at Mandalay Bay
- Jean-Philippe Maury, executive pastry chef at the Bellagio
- Vincent Pilon, executive pastry chef at Mandalay Bay, who will be representing the United States in the Chocolate Masters competition in Paris this October
- Eduardo Perez, executive chef of Wolfgang Puck’s Trattoria del Lupo in Mandalay Bay
- David Guffy, winemaker at Hess Winery in Napa
- Jan Mills, rep for Red & White Cruises in San Francisco
- Marcus Garcia, sommelier at Fleur de Lys in San Francisco
- James Chan, executive chef of Bistro Boudin in San Francisco
- Nancy Rogers, who pens one of the biggest and best food newsletters on the Internet
COMING SOON . . . live chef demos
3. How you can come to the party
Send us your questions for our guests
Send us your comments about Celebrity Chef Connection
Send us requests for recipes of dishes you’ve enjoyed in a restaurant
Send us inquiries about other recipes, chefs, restaurants, ingredients, equipment, techniques, or ???
To send any of the above, go to our website and click on “food and chef questions.”
To listen to the show, go to the website and click your choice in the lower right hand corner.
Reading someone else’s ezine??? To receive your own copy, go to the website and click on “sign up.”
To listen to the shows anytime after the 5pm Wednesday airing, go to the website and click on “archives.”
We hope you will enjoy our broadcasts and want to continue receiving this free ezine to see what exciting things are coming next. If you do, you need do – nothing at all! – because you’re already on our list.
But if not (sigh), reply with “unsubscribe” in the subject line and we will remove you from our list.
Also, if you are receiving duplicates of this ezine, please reply with “duplicate” in the subject line and we’ll trim your mail back to a single copy.
5. Ways that we can talk to each other
Become one of our friends at myspace.com/celebritychefconnection
Bye for now . . .
-Return to top-
is always possible that changes may occur to event information at any
given time. Info Las Vegas is not responsible for the accuarcy of showtimes
and showdates. Please always call ahead to verify information.